Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"As soon as you knock at the gate of God, which is your heart, from there the answer comes." Hazrat Inayat Khan

Holy moly, I am feeling joyful today! I feel a lot of love for my parents and I am...excited about the midnight show of Harry Potter! MUAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!

So, here's what I just did: I wrote to a world music performance group! They specialize in indigenous music in my heritage and I have been wanting to introduce these instruments into the music I develop. I saw this group perform a few weeks ago and was very excited to find them. I asked them if one of their musicians would be interested in developing music with me and if their musicians would be willing to participate in my demo recording in a few months. I'm very excited about the possibility of connecting with this group. Apparently, the group was formed at a gathering at UCLA in the ethnomusicology department.

I have another venue idea. I went to a performing arts highschool and I remember that some graduates came to perform a lunchtime concert. My old highschool and junior high would be a great place to perform, I think. Plus, my stuff has very positive and clean messages.

I'll be recording this afternoon and laying down some new tracks for my worktape and make sure that the first 6-10 pieces that I'd like to copyright are all set. Also breaking out the keyboard and am getting started on developing some new sounds. Will also call that hot music engineer I spoke with a few weeks ago and seeing about booking rehearsal time in his studio.

"Put your trust in God for support, and see his Hidden Hand working through all sources." Hazrat Inayat Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment